Top most important qc interview questions and answers by Experts:
Here is a list of Top most important qc interview questions and answers by Experts.If you want to download qc interview questions pdf free ,you can register with RVH techguru. Our experts prepared these qc interview questions to accommodate freshers level to most experienced level technical interviews.
If you want to become an expert in qc ,Register for qc online training here.
1.How does the records appear in Quality Center?
By default in the order in which they were added.
2. How can we save the tests executed in Test Lab?
They saved automatically when the users clicks on “END RUN” in the Test Lab.
3. How do you run reports from Quality Center?
To run reports from QC:
1. Open the Quality Center project
2. It displays the requirements modules
3. Choose report: Analysis > reports > standard requirements report
4. What is use of Test Instance?
Test instance is required to run the test case in the lab. We can’t directly test case in the lab, instead we need to run test instance of that test case.
5. What is Risk Category?
We determine the risk category for each assessment requirement under the analysis requirement, It has two factors:
1. Business Criticality
2. Failure Probability.
6.What is assessment requirement?
Assessment requirement represents requirements that are children of analysis requirement and at lower level in tree hierarchy.
7. What are roles and responsibilities of QC admin?
Roles & responsibilities of QC Admin are:
1. Project Creation
2. Managing users and their authentication.
3. Performance monitoring.
4. Data backup etc.
8. How do you find duplicates bugs in the Quality Center?
We can find duplicate bugs in the defect manager tab using “Find Similar Defects” button. We need to enter defect description in brief and it shows similar defects.
9. Does Quality Center supports UNIX Operating environment?
Yes, Quality center comes with two kinds of licenses:
1. Quality Center for Windows.
2. Quality Center for UNIX.
10. Why to use Filters? How you define it?
To see the records that meet the specific criteria that we define we use filters. We can define multiple items as Filter.
11. What the Users group determines?
The users group determines the privileges that the user has within a project.
12. What is Unattached Folder in Test Plan?
When we delete a folder or test from the test plan tree there are two ways. We can delete only folder or we can delete that folder, its sub folder and test also. When we delete only folder, all the tests under it moved to the unattached folder in the test plan tree.
13. What is Matching Defects?
Matching Defects helps us to find and eliminate duplicate or similar defects in project. There are two methods to search of similar defects.
• Finding similar Defects which compare a selected defect with all other existing defects in project.
• Finding similar Text which compares a specific test string against all other existing defects in project.
14. What is Defect Tracking?
Defect Tracking is a method of finding and removing application defects. We can add or detect defects to project in any stage of application management process.
15. Is ‘Not covered’ and ‘Not run’ status are same?
No, there is difference between ‘Not Covered’ and ‘Not Run’ status.
Not Covered status means all those requirements for which the test cases are not written and Not Run status means all those requirements for which test cases are written but are not run.
16. Explain Version Control?
To keep track of changes made to entities in the project we use version control. We can create QC entities and also keep previous version of those entities in requirements to track the changes.
17. What is test set notification, and when we need it?
To inform any specific user we use test set notification if case of any failure.
18. What is the need of Host Manager?
Host manager helps to run test on a host connected to our network. It shows the list of available host for test execution and also organizes them into groups for a specific project.
19.Explain Linking Defect to test in Quality Control?
Defects can be linked to test in the defect grid. It helps to run the tests based on the status of the defect. Defects can be linked to other entities as well such as requirements. Linking can be direct or indirect. If the defect link is with entity then QC adds a direct link and if the link is with run step then QC adds an indirect link to its run, test instance, test set and test.
20.What is the default database in Quality Center?
SQL Server is the default database in Quality Center.
That’s all about HP Quality Center Interview Questions and Answers. Prepare these questions multiple times and I am sure you will find it easy to learn this tool as well as clear the interview easily.
21. What is Quality Center?
Quality Center is a product of HP known as HP QC or Quality Center or HP ALM (application Lifecycle Management) tool. It is a web based test management tool which supports various phases of software development life cycle. It helps in improving application quality with more effective implementation of a project and it is cost efficient too.
22. What are the benefits of using Quality Center?
Quality Center is simple and one of the best test management tool. Its benefits are:
1. It can be accessed through an IE browser.
2. Project database of a test can be maintained by QC.
3. It can be integrated with HP testing tools like QTP and Load Runner. It is also compatible with third party tools.
4. It helps in effectively executing test sets, collecting results and analyzing data.
5. It helps in monitoring defects closely.
6. QC can be linked to an email system which provides an easy way to share defect tracking information.
7. It can be used for creating reports and graphs which helps in analyzing test data.
8. It supports virtual environments like Citrix XenApp 6.0 and VMware ESX 5.0.
23. What is the first & latest version of Quality Center?
Quality Center 8.0 is the first version and Quality Center or ALM 12.0 is the latest version.
24. Explain the modules of Quality Center?
The Quality Center modules are:
1. Release Module: Allows us creating a project release. Each release can have multiple cycles.
2. Requirement Module: Allows us in managing requirements like what we are testing, what are the requirement topics and items and what are the analyzing requirements.
3. Test Plan: Allows us to write test cases for the requirements in a hierarchical tree-structure.
4. Test Resources: Allows us in managing test resources. Tests resources can be associated with tests.
5. Test lab: Allows us to run tests and analyze the results.
6. Defect Module: Allows us to log all the failed test cases results.
7. Dashboard: Allows us to create graphs and reports.
25. How many built in tables does Quality Center have?
There are six built in tables:
1. Test Table
2. Test Step Table
3. Test Set Table
4. Run Table
5. Defect Table
6. Requirement Table
26. How many types of reports and graphs are there in Quality Center?
Reports and graphs can be generated any time and in each and every phase with QC module during the testing process by using default or customize settings like requirement, test plan, test lab or defect module. We can also get summary and progress reports.
27. Which types of database are used in Quality Center?
When a Quality Center Project is created we have to store and manage the data generated and collected by Quality Center. Each and every project is supported by a database that is used to store project information. The following database applications are used to store and manage Quality Center information:
• Oracle 126.96.36.199 Standard/Enterprise Edition
• Oracle 10.2.0.3
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (SP2).
28. How does u control the access to a QC project?
We need to specify the users and the privileges for each user.
29. How many types of tabs are there in Quality Center?
Following types of tabs are available:
1. Requirement: Helps in tracking the customer requirements.
2. Test plan: Helps in designing the test cases and to store the test scripts.
3. Test lab: Helps in executing the test cases and track the results.
4. Defect: Helps in logging a defect and to track the logged defects.
30. What are the different edition for HP QC or HP ALM?
The different edition of HP QC/ALM includes:
• HP ALM essentials:It is used by the corporates that need the basic features for supporting their entire software life cycle.
• HP QC enterprise edition:It is used by corporates more commonly who use ALM more testing purposes, also provides integration with UFT
• HP ALM performance center edition:It is best suitable for organizations who would like to use HP ALM to drive HP-Loadrunner scripts. It helps the users to manage, maintain, execute, schedule and monitor performance tests.
31. What is the difference between Test Director and Quality Center?
Quality center is the advanced version of Test Director. It has more features than Test Director.
32. Do we have programming interface in Quality Center?
No, we don’t have programming interface in Quality Center.
33. What is the difference between Quality Center and Bugzilla?
Quality Center is a test management tool which supports various phases of software development life cycle whereas BugZilla is Defect Management tool only.
34. What is meant by test lab in Quality Center?
Test lab is a functionality of Quality center using which we execute tests. We create test trees and add tests to those trees and placed them under test plan in a project. These tests then needs to imported in the Test lab module where Quality center executes them.
35. How can we import test cases from Excel to Quality Center?
To import test cases from Excel to Quality Center:
1. We need to Install and Configure the Microsoft Excel Add-In for Quality Center.
2. Need to Map the Columns present in the Excel with Columns in Quality Center.
3. Export the data from Excel using “Export to Quality Center option” in Excel.
4. Check for the errors if any.
36. How can we export the file from Quality Center to Excel/Word?
A file can be exported from any of the following tab in excel or word format.
1. Requirement tab:
1. Right click on main Requirement
2. Click on export
3. Save as word, excel or other template.
2. Test plan tab:
1. Select a test script.
2. Click on the design steps tab.
3. Right click anywhere in the window
4. Click on export and save as.Note: Only individual test can be exported. No parent child export is possible.
3. Test lab tab:
1. Select a child group.
2. Click on execution grid.
3. Right click and save in excel or other format.
4. Defects Tab:
1. Right click anywhere in the window.
2. Export all or selected defects.
3. Save them in excel sheet or any other format.
37. What is Business Component?
Business component is used for Business Process testing known as BPT. Business component provide script free environment for creating tests.
38. How to use QTP as an automation tool in Quality Center?
Using QTP add-in in Quality Center we can use QTP as an automation tool.
39. How to switch between two projects in Quality Center?
There is difference in switching between two projects in Quality Center 9.0 and above and in other versions.
QC 9.0:- Select Tools then Change Projects and Select Project.
Other versions: Log-off and log-in again.
40. What is Coverage status?
Percentage of testing covered at a given time is known as Coverage status. It helps in tracking project status.
41. Explain the architecture of HP-ALM?
HP ALM has following components:
1. HP ALM client.
2. ALM server/Application server.
3. Database servers.
42. What are the components of Dashboard Analysis?
The dashboard analysis has two components.
• Analysis View which contain analysis tree.
• Dashboard View which contains dashboard tree.
43. What types of requirements can be added to test cases in Quality Center?
There are two types of requirements can be added to test cases in Quality Center:
Parent Requirements which covers high level functions of the requirements
Child Requirements which covers low level functions of the requirements.
44. What is Sprinter in HP-ALM?
Sprinter provides automated environment to execute various manual testing tasks. It offers advanced tools which helps in easy execution of testing tasks.
45. How to use Quality Center in real time project?
Following are the steps to use Quality Center in real time project.
1. Complete the preparation of test cases.
2. Export the test cases into Quality Center and Load them in the test plan module
3. Move the test cases from test plan tab to the test lab module.
4. Execute the test cases and check for the results
5. If we got any defects and raise the defects in the defect module.
46. How to map the requirements with test cases in Quality Center?
We can map the requirements with test cases in QC:
1. In the requirements tab select coverage view.
2. Select requirement by clicking on parent/child or grandchild.
3. On right hand side another window will appear. It has two tabs:
(a) Tests coverage
Test coverage tab will be selected by default or you click on it.
4. Click on select tests button a new window will appear on right hand side and you will see a list of all tests. You can select any test case you want to map with your requirements.
47. What is a Table in QC project?
A table is a part of database which stores records of information about the test plan.
48. What does a live analyses graph displays in Quality Center?
Quality Center live analyses graph provides a visual overview of all tests within a folder in test plan tree.
49. What are the phases of test management with Quality Center in order?
There are 5 phases: Specify releases, Specify requirements, Plan tests, Execute tests, Track defects.
50. What are the interfaces of Quality center?
The interfaces of QC are:
• Site Admin
• Quality Center